Opened in 1994, in a new building alongside Mallaig railway station, the Heritage Centre houses a range of displays and exhibits telling the story of the districts of Knoydart, Morar and Arisaig. Known in the Gaelic language as "An Garbh Chriochan" (The Rough Bounds), this area between Loch Hourn and Loch Sunart was, until the beginning of the 20th century, one of the least-visited areas of the British mainland, most of the settlements in the area being accessible only by sea or by an arduous trek through the glens. It is hardly surprising that this region is where the Jacobite claimant to the throne, Prince Charles Edward Stuart, took refuge after defeat at Culloden in 1746.
Sorry, there are no features listed for Mallaig Heritage Centre
Ratings and Reviews
Unfortunately, TripAdvisor reviews for Mallaig Heritage Centre have not been added to this listing, or the information is not currently available.