The Commando Memorial is a Category A listed monument in Scotland, dedicated to the men of the original British Commando Forces raised during World War II.
Situated around a mile from Spean Bridge village, it overlooks the training areas of the Commando Training Depot established in 1942 at Achnacarry Castle. Unveiled in 1952 by the Queen Mother, it has become one of Scotland's best-known monuments, both as a war memorial and as a tourist attraction offering views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mòr.
Location: Lochaber, Scottish Highlands
Designer: Scott Sutherland
Material: bronze sculpture
Height: 17 feet (5.2 m)
Beginning date: 1949
Completion date: 1951
Opening date: 1952
Dedicated to British Commandos
Description above from the Wikipedia article Commando Memorial,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commando_Memorial
Licensed under CC-BY-SA, full list of contributors:http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commando_Memorial&action=history
Sorry, there are no features listed for The Commando Memorial